Friday, January 13, 2012

Degree Project

At the time that I started my Illustration Degree Project I was torn between food and medical/archaeological illustration.  I ended up choosing the medical/archaeological subject matter (and, through this process, discovered that food illustration was much more fulfilling for me).  I chose to research the smallpox epidemic of 1721- it was a subject that not many people are familiar with and was really interesting to research.  


I chose to work in a woodblock print style that I've always wanted to try, and seemed to fit with the time period.  I enjoy the pieces now, but I struggled all throughout the image making.  Needless to say I don't think I will be working like this in the future.  The following are my final pieces- I'll also post some process work.












No comments:

Post a Comment